2022 Posterior Know-how — Interactive training course
There are a lot of special precautions when we do dental implants at the posterior maxillary and mandibular region. It’s never meant to be very easy, although not esthetically as important when compare with the implant in the esthetic zone. All sorts of posterior problems such as the ID nerve and lingual nerve, the maxillary sinus, the proximity to the throat and airway, the accessibility due to the cheek and the tongue makes placing dental implant in this region more challenging. Moreover, there are unique resorption pattern such as maxillary sinus pneumontization and the typical knife edge posterior mandibular ridge and loss of vertical bone volume sometimes made dental implant placement very difficult and risky.
This course aims to walk you through the journey of knowing the limitation, pre-operative assessment and decision marking when doing dental implant at the posterior region of the jaw. Bone augmentation at this area will be mentioned as well as immediate placement. We hope to give you some up-to-date evidence based practical tips during the 2 days learning. Live surgical demonstration, hands-on practical sessions and case base small group discussions will also be provided, hoping to make the course more interactive. We will see you there!
Topics will include
- Decision making on posterior region
- Tooth extraction skills, implant placement, and restorative options
- Posterior dental implant soft tissue management
- Immediate implant placement in posterior region
- Challenges to implant placement
- Other skills for posterior region – sinus lift, bone grafting, socket grafting
- Complication on dental implant surgery