Ottawa Restorative Summit: Prosthetic treatment planning for all indications
This program is ideal for restorative dentists who want to learn more about restoring dental implants. After completing this course, the participant will be able to identify the correct way to restore dental implants based upon the defined treatment indication.
Prosthetic treatment overview for all indications
Dr. Kevin Aminzadeh
In this lecture, Dr. Aminzadeh will provide:
– An understanding of why implant surfaces are critical in the osseointegration process.
– An understanding of soft tissue integration and why the process begins at the abutment level.
– An understanding of how to preserve the soft tissue attachment without compromising flexibility – the On1™ concept.
– An overview of Nobel Biocare prosthetic solutions to optimize clinical outcomes: ASC (angulated screw channel), FCZ (full-contour zirconia) and more.
Prosthetic treatment of the fully edentulous, or soon to be fully edentulous, patient utilizing the All-on-4® treatment concept
Dr. Sam Hickman
In this lecture, Dr. Hickman will discuss:
– Established strategies of the soon-to-be edentulous patient: how to define and recognize terminal dentition.
– Alternatives and objectives for prosthodontic treatments for the fully edentulous patient (removable vs. fixed).
– Rehabilitation with a fixed prosthesis.
– Acrylic vs. zirconia prosthesis: when and how?