Telling a patient he or she can have functioning esthetic teeth immediately and a fully functional set in three months — rather than ten — is a good way to start a conversation that is sure to end in a smile.
Immediate placement and Immediate Function provide predictable outcomes with select products from Nobel Biocare. Following the appropriate protocols, one can improve esthetic results and increase patient satisfaction1 while shortening healing times, decreasing the number of required appointments and reducing costs, all at the same time.
Why immediate placement?
Clinical studies with follow-up times of up to 10 years confirm the reliable performance of TiUnite surface implants with immediate implant placement in extraction sites. The studies include 1,650 TiUnite implants in over 650 patients in various indications.
- Excellent long-term results with cumulative survival rates (CSR) between 96.5 and 100%.2,3
- No statistically significant differences in CSR in almost all studies on TiUnite implants in extraction versus healed sites.4
- Immediate placement can have a positive effect on marginal bone levels and esthetics.1,5,6,7
- Choice of treatment modality and implant type may be important for successful results: For example, the All-on-4® treatment concept8 and NobelActive1 implants show excellent results with regards to CSR, marginal bone levels, esthetics and quality of life.
Why Immediate Function?
Clinical studies with up to 11 years of follow-up confirm the reliable performance of implants with TiUnite surfaces — frequently following the Immediate Function protocol. Immediate Function has also been clinically documented with more than 21,500 Nobel Biocare implants with TiUnite or machined surfaces in over 6000 patients in various indications.
- Immediate Function is a proven long-term solution with CSR of 97.6% at 10 years2 and 97.1% at 11 years.9
- High CSR of 95 – 100% across all studies with follow-up times of at least 5 years.4
- No significant difference between immediate and delayed loading reported by any study.4
- A 10% higher success and survival rate with immediately loaded TiUnite implants compared to machined implants after 9 years of loading.10
- Stable bone levels11,12 with good pink esthetics and papilla score outcomes.12,13
1 Kolinski et al. J Periodontol. 2014
2 Degidi et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2012
3 Mura et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2012
4 Nobel Biocare. Science First. 2014
5 Atieh et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2009
6 Esposito et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2010
7 Cosyn et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2013
8 Mozzati et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2013
9 Glauser et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012
10 Rocci et al. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2013
11 Meloni et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2012
12 Den Hartog et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2011