Dentists and dental specialists are facing unprecedented challenges connected with COVID-19, but for most, returning to, and relaunching the practice, is going to be the most daunting of these challenges. The new level of “germophobia” in society, patient reluctance to schedule treatments, scheduling backlogged treatments as well as new procedures, staff management, and many more, will all present real hurdles.
The team at ePractice Manager has been gathering insights in the US while conducting intensive, personalized coaching with dentists and their teams since COVID-19 began placing limitations and restrictions on practices. This webinar, presented by ePractice Manager’s CEO, Alan Hollander, will cover the primary obstacles doctors have been facing during this crisis, how these can be addressed, and most importantly, the actions that are vital to rapidly ramping back up to full productivity.
- Budgeting and financial modeling that can help quickly recoup lost revenue.
- Key outreach actions to do now with the practice’s referral base, and/or patients.
- Preparedness and dealing with patient concerns over health safety.
- Bringing back employees – when and how.
- Marketing musts in light of dramatic changes in perceptions, interest and demands of the public.
- Sorting through the overload of information being offered and utilizing what will fit your practice.
Presenter – Alan R. Hollander
Alan Hollander has developed unique management systems and tools that have generated long-term growth and higher profit for dental professionals and specialists over a span of 30 years. He built a team of over 50 consultants and practice administration experts that have delivered to thousands of clients throughout No. America.
Alan is also the Founder and CEO of ePractice Manager™, a groundbreaking practice and HR management firm that delivers online classes, employee training, and a comprehensive array of practice support systems.